This guide will teach you how to enable and use all Universal Online Testing Tools and Accommodations.
NOTE: These options are only available after you have created and finalized your test. You must also schedule your test by creating an administration window
After you have scheduled your test, select the Edit button on the administration window you have created.
Universal Tools – Available to all Students:
- Strikethrough: Students can use this to eliminate answer choices
- Notepad (not seen or scored by adults): Notes are saved for students to access when resuming a test.
- Starring: Used to star ★ potentially correct answers.
- Strikethrough and Underline for Passages: Used to cross out or underline the desired text in passages.
- Passage Notepad: Notes are saved for students to access when resuming a test, and they are also viewable by the teacher in CR Grading.
- Zoom In or Out
- Highlight: Used to mark desired text, questions, answers, or parts of these in yellow.
*NOTE: To enable either of these for students, please make sure your IO Assessment System Administrator has added specific students to the Online Testing “Designated Supports” or “Accommodations” group on the Custom Class Manager. See our help doc How to set up text to speech
Text to Speech – The student can have the question read aloud.
Text to Speech – The student can have the passage, question AND answer choices read aloud
Students can access the above tools on their test by:
• Clicking the Zoom icons
• Click/hold/dragging over key text, then right-clicking their mouse to reveal the menu of options
• Clicking the ‘hamburger’ menu to the right side of the screen, under the Finish and Save buttons will open these tools
To remove or undo tools: Right-click the text, word, or answer that a tool has been applied to, then click the remove or undo options (ex: Remove Highlight or Undo Star).
Article is closed for comments.