EADMS & PowerSchool
EADMS Tutorials: Setting up PowerSchool for daily data transfers to EADMS.
Welcome to EADMS PowerSchool Data Transfer Setup tutorial! In this tutorial, we will show you how to setup Power-School for daily data transfers to EADMS. Let’s get started!
Configure a Remote Connection
- From the PowerSchool Start Page go to Setup/System/Server/System Settings/Plugin Management Configuration/Remote Connection Manager
- Under Function click the Remote Connection Manager and click on Create Connection.
- Work with your EADMS rep to properly configure the Username and Password. Click on Test Connection to verify the connection.
Set up the Auto Send
- From the PowerSchool Start Page go to Setup/System/Data Management/Auto Send Setup
- Click New and fill in the screen as shown below, adjusting relatively to your District specific needs:
Example of fields to use
Steps for setting up multiple schools
1. Create a Name for the AutoSend Record
2. Select Student schedules as the Data to Send
3. Set time to for the export to run each night
4. Set Days to Execute to MTWHFSU
5. Set Send Output to Managed Connection and select the Datawise connection you created
6. Set Path to the Name of the AutoSend adding .txt to the end. (example: SchoolNameDatawise.txt)
7. Set Field delimiter to “Tab”
8. Set Record delimiter to “CRLF”
9. Set SortOrder to 0
10. Enter the following into the Fields to export:
11. If there are other schools, check the box to Duplicate this AutoSend record to all schools on this server
12. Click Submit
13. Click Run Now
14. If there are other schools, select the next school and follow steps 15-19
15. Then go to the AutoSend setup and select the new AutoSend record
16. Change the name of the AutoSend record and the filename in the path to match the school
17. Click submit
18. Click Run Now
19. Repeat steps 14 – 18 for each additional school